Apsona Batch Gift Entry is an add-on to Apsona for Salesforce, intended for non-profit organizations who use Salesforce with the
Non-profit Success Pack (NPSP)
This add-on application streamlines the process
of entering gift records into Salesforce. The usual use-case for this facility is where an organization receives check payments from its donors, and these payments
need to be manually entered into a "holding area" until they are ready to be committed into real donation and payment records.
If you wish to have it customized for your needs, please get in touch with us.
Features and benefits
The Batch Gift Entry tool was built to provide to Salesforce users many of the features found in other non-profit software systems such as Common Ground, Luminate
and Raiser's Edge.
- Batch Gift Entry provides a single screen to enter all the gift data you wish to capture. Within this screen you can look up related
contacts, donations and payments, or add new contacts if needed. So you never need to leave the screen when entering batch items.
- It includes a keyboard-friendly interface to make the entire data entry process as quick and painless as possible.
- Entered data is stored in a Batch. Each Batch consists of one or more Batch Items. Each Batch Item contains information about a single Payment.
- Batches are not committed until you explicitly initiate a commit.
- You can add new items to uncommitted batches at any time. For example, you can create a new batch and add a few items today, return a few days later, and add more
items to the batch.
- When you commit a batch, all the items in the batch are copied into the appropriate fields in the Payment and Donation records. New Donation, Payment, or Donation
Contact Role records are created as necessary. All the created or updated data records are automatically linked together to maintain consistency with the back-end data
- The Batch and Batch Item objects integrate seamlessly with other Apsona features, so you can quickly search and filter the Batch records to find the ones you wish
to work with.
- After committing a batch, the Batch records include cross-linkages to the Donation records they produce, so that you can easily find the specific Batch record that
produced a particular donation.
- The Batch screen supports all Donation and Payment fields from your salesforce database - both native and custom fields.
- Each Batch can contain its own set of required and optional fields. Thus you can have one kind of batch for routine fundraising donations, and a different kind for
auctions or event donations.
To use the Batch Gift Entry tool, you must have Apsona for Salesforce installed.
How to get it
To set up Batch Gift Entry in your Salesforce org:
- Ensure that Apsona for Salesforce is installed in your org.
- Visit our AppExchange listing for NPSP and click the Get It Now
button to install it into your org.
Please note that this package is different from the base Apsona for Salesforce package. Both packages are needed for Batch Gift Entry to function correctly.
- Open Apsona for Salesforce and click the Feedback link on the top right of the banner. Click "License Request" and fill in the box to indicate that you
would like Batch Gift Entry enabled for you.
- We enable the license right away, and will send you an email to let you know that it is enabled.
Please visit our non-profits page
for pricing details.